Coolum Beach is the best little village on the Sunshine Coast. Flanked by Mt. Coolum on the south and Peregian Beach on the north, Coolum Beach is blessed with sandy beaches, beautiful bushland and of course, the amazing dental clinic, Sunshine Smiles Dental.
There are so many things to see and do in Coolum Beach; everything from swimming, sunning and surfing, to shopping, wining and dining.
Most visits to the village start with a walk up Mt. Coolum (one of the largest rocks in the world!), followed by an easy stroll down and a swim in the ocean. If you have any energy left, you can visit the local Aqua Park; a lovely mix between an obstacle race and an adventure course.
Newbies can take in surf lessons at the Coolum Surf School, or tackle the local skate park for something more daring.
Coolum is a family-friendly village with all the amenities and shops you’ll need. Most people spend the day on the beach, browse through the many stores in town, and enjoy the eateries and ice-creameries.
If you need veneers, crowns or root canal services, then give Sunshine Coast Dental a call. bring the family and let them enjoy the day in Coolum, while you receive dental care from Dr Vinny and his team.
Sunshine Smiles Dental is a family owned and operated dental practice. We provide a range of dental services, and can look at all the members of the family.
The Top 10 things to do
1. Surf the same waves that shaped pro surfer Julian Wilson. For experienced surfers, there are steep, but long right-handers at Point Perry and Point Arkwright. If you’re just starting out, you can head to Coolum’s main beach for the perfect starter waves.
2. Swimming. No visit to Coolum Beach is complete without a dip in the ocean. Head to main beach, and stay between the flags. If you want a bit of adventure with your swim, head to the Blast Aqua Park for an adventurous splash fest.
3. Wining and dining are part of the fun in Coolum Beach. Here we have a wide variety of eateries and sidewalk cafes. Enjoy a cold glass of wine, some prawns, and simply watch the people walk on by.
4. Climb the mount – A challenge for some or a light workout for others. There is a great sense of accomplishment when you reach the summit, and the views are awesome.
5. Sleep. Yes, sleeping is also on the agenda. In Coolum Beach and surrounding areas, there are hundreds of B&Bs, hotels or rentals to choose from. Each one offers a little rest and relaxation with a touch of uniqueness.
6. Soaking up the sun. Coolum Beach offers beautiful white sandy beaches, and many natural parks to while away the day.
7. Shopping. Come along and do your Christmas shopping at the local markets, browse at the seaside shops, or get the groceries at Coles.
8. A day at the spa. Treat yourself to a day of pampering at any of our many spas and beauty salons.
9. Sport. A round of golf at the Mount Coolum Golf Club, followed by a BBQ and a beer at Rustys.
10. Dental work. While in town, why not pop in for a visit to get your teeth cleaned and checked by the Sunshine Coast’s leading dentistry team?
Here at Sunshine Smiles Dental we are obviously proud of our town, its people, and the many wonderful things to see and do.
If your next dental check-up is due or you are considering getting work done on your pearly whites, then why not bring the whole family and make the most out of your dental visit in Coolum Beach.